When you buy new basketball shoes, you are making an important decision and investment. This is because shoes are one of the most important parts of playing a sport. Be it any sport, if your footwear is not proper and well maintained, it can hamper your game. And with a sport like a basketball, where you have to be constantly on the move across the court, the quality of the shoes is very important. But that does not mean you have to buy brand new lining basketball shoes every time you have a game. With proper steps and maintenance, the old shoes can go for quite a good amount of time before buying new ones.
Here are a few tips on maintaining your basketball shoes, especially if they are from the brand of li Ning.
- Clean your shoes thoroughly – All of it is about their upkeep. Check the shoes thoroughly about which parts have to be cleaned and washed properly. Like the sole of the shoes, with the grooves, may have dirt stuck in them. Get an old toothbrush or a toothpick to remove the dirt because the areas are small and narrow. This is especially important if you play on an outdoor court. The dirt and tiny stone chips can get stuck in the narrow lanes of the shoe’s sole. Take a bigger brush to clean the harder parts of the shoes, while the more delicate areas, like the net or mesh on the shoes, wash it with your hands. But do not just go ahead scrubbing the shoe when it dry. Soak it in soapy water for some time, then scrape out the dirt, and scrub the shoes. Change the water and repeat the process till you think the shoes are clean enough. Keep in mind not to overdo it.
- Storing in properly – Another tip for long-lasting li Ningbasketball shoes is to store them properly. Many people stuff it in their bags after playing and let it stay there. This may make your shoes lose their shape, and the lack of airflow can cause a bad odor. Keep your shoes in an open space after returning from playing to let a lot of air pass through the shoes and dry it. This will prevent the bad smell and the shape of the shoes from remaining intact as well.
- Use them just for playing: Even though there are no restrictions on wearing your game shoes for other purposes, it is best kept for when you are playing. This is because basketball shoes are specifically created for that purpose. Moreover, even if the shoes can have a dual-use, some basketball shoes are designed just for the indoor court. Wearing them outside can make them dirty, and the coarse texture of the concrete ground can ruin the base. So it is advised to wear them right before you enter the indoor court to play.
These are the tips on what you should do to take care of your li ning basketball shoes. But there are also things that you should not do. They are:
- Do not wash them in the washing machine.
- Do not use any artificial drying technique like heaters or blow dryers to dry your shoes. Always air dry it.
- Do not use substances like bleach to wash the shoes.
By following these do’s and do not’s, you can guarantee a long-lasting pair of basketball shoes that can help you perform your best in the match.
For more information, visit https://www.shopnings.com/