Professional certification can provide added credentials for those who look for greater career success. The Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) certification from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) is a professional certification for those in the clinical research industry. The ES’ SOCRA CCRP Exam Study Guide is a comprehensive study guide that may help with preparation for those who plan to take the SOCRA CCRP exam.
Why Do I Need A Study Guide When I Already Got the Reference Manual From SOCRA?
If you have already registered for the SOCRA CCRP exam, you should receive the SOCRA Certification Program Reference Manual in the mail. This manual is a good reference material. But imagine reading through the 21 CFR Parts 11, 50, 56, 312, 812, 45 CFR Part 46, and ICH GCP (E6) from start to finish, it can be quite grueling. By the end of it, how much information will you really get out of it? Also, the SOCRA Certification Program Reference Manual does not contain any industry experience from an industry insider whatsoever. It’s just a printout of regulations, that’s all it is.
What About SOCRA Clinical Research Professional Certification Preparation and GCP Review Course?
SOCRA offers a 1 day in-person Clinical Research Professional Certification Preparation and GCP Review Course at various locations and dates in the U.S. and Canada. I had attended this course prior to my SOCRA CCRP exam in September 2013. Although the information presented on this course can be beneficial, and I would recommend this to anyone taking the exam, there are limitations to this course:
- The cost for this preparation course is quiet considerable ($295 for SOCRA member, $370 for non-member). This is in addition to the cost of SOCRA membership ($75/yr) and the CCRP exam fee ($195).
- The course is offered only a hand full of times per year in different locations. If you do not live near the location where the course will be held, traveling is involved. This means more costs for flight, hotel, car rental, and daily expenses.
- The information is condensed into compact format in order to fit the 1 day time limit.
- The information presented can be found from publicly available sources and is not a substitute to one’s own studying.
In my opinion, my own time in studying and taking notes from publicly available relevant information (various GCP trainings, CFR, ICH’s GCP, industry websites, etc.) and years of industry experience helped me much more. Another reason is that it was impossible for me to retain information from a 1 day compact course. It was useful for me to summarize key information from my own studying and absorb them at my own pace. If I were to attend this 1 day course without spending the time to study on my own prior to the exam, I would not have aced this exam or even passing it.
How ES’ SOCRA CCRP Study Guide Can Help Save You Time and Sanity
Instead of trying to plow through countless FDA regulations, guidelines, and industry practices, imagine if there is a Study Guide that helps summarize all those materials in an easy to digest format in bullet points. Imagine if you can click and search different topics in seconds. Imagine if you can browse through and learn the information at your own place in the comfort of your home. Imagine if there are tips and suggestions from someone in the industry who had gone through the exam and aced it with flying colors.
Imagine no more
Imagine no more. I have compiled the note I took when I was studying for the SOCRA CCRP exam in September 2013. I have named it “ES’ SOCRA CCRP Study Guide” (ES stands for Ernie Sakchalathorn). From these notes, I was able to pass the SOCRA CCRP exam with a score of 96% (I answered 130 questions correctly out of 135 questions total, click HERE to see my score letter). Inside this Study Guide, there are:
- 100+ Pages of Complete and Outlined Summaries of Materials for the SOCRA CCRP Exam
- Sidebar Navigation Menu with Clickable & Expandable Links to Any Section
- A Complete Bullet Outline of The Entire SOCRA CCRP Certification Process
- Personal Tips From My Industry Experience Both As a CRC And a CRA
- Updated to apply to new exam outline for exams to be held after June 1, 2014