Yoga teaching enthusiasts always come across the program 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, which is quite popular among the beginners. Although considered as a well-liked training program enrolled by thousands of yogis every year, there are still many pupils, who lack the basic understanding as to what this program comprises on the whole. The entire program is segregated into components which are a must to be understood by every aspiring yoga teacher.
All the registered yoga schools offering 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh are liable to provide minimum number of hours as the name suggests, to teach the students about each category. Not only this, some colleges also provide additional hours to complete the relevant programs integrated into these categories. The breakup of time i.e. 200 hours depends on every school’s chosen emphasis. Any student must ask for the hourly assignment before applying to these schools. This serves as a great help to students in understanding the learning objectives, and paying focus on distinct topics which are based on learning objectives of the program.
The training hours are consumed in the following manner:
- Techniques, Training and Practice
Time dedicated – 100 hours
- Since this involves imparting detailed knowledge about diverse topics to the practitioners, this category consumes half of the training time. The topics taught include pranayamas, asanas, kriyas, mantra chanting and meditation along with various traditional yoga practices. The hours are smartly segregated between Analytical Training which involves teaching how to practice the techniques along with Guided Practice.
- Teaching Methodology: 30 hours
(Minimum contact hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 10 hours
Minimum contact hours: 15 hours)
- The category includes focusing on the ways and means to teach business aspects of yoga. It involves imparting knowledge regarding the communication skills such as time management, group dynamics, as well as establishing the priorities & boundaries.
- It further includes teaching principles of observation, demonstration, assisting and exacting
This part of the entire program is generally executed subjectively as it goes with different teaching styles of a teacher.
- Anatomy and Physiology: 30 hours
- In this phase, yogis learn about the human physiology and physical anatomy such as systems, organs, etc.. It also involves generating awareness regarding energy anatomy like chakras, nadis, etc. as well as their application to yoga practice such as contraindications, benefits, healthy movement patterns, etc.
- Yoga Lifestyle, Philosophy, and Principles for Teachers
- Yoga teachers get a hang of different yoga philosophies and traditional texts all inclusive of Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Sutras, or Bhagavad Gita. They are also channelized to adopt Yoga lifestyle stating non-violence (ahimsa), as well as concepts of karma and dharma.
- Practice: 40 hours
- The teachers are put to practice in which they receive as well as give feedback. They also observe other teachers’ teaching style and give a helping hand during their sessions. They are also made to evaluate or observe the yoga classes outside the Teacher Training Program.